1.19.2007

Support a Good Cause!


Every year, I focus on a worthy organization where I can donate money, volunteer etc. I have given this a lot of thought, and decided to devote my time and efforts to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. One of my wonderful co-workers is a leukemia survivor, and I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting a number of other lymphoma survivors this past year. Unfortunately, I have also met people who have lost loved ones to the ravages of this disease.

All of these encounters, and encouragement from a very close friend of mine (you know who you are) have persuaded me to join Team in Training, an organization which brings people together who are raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The basic idea - we all train for a Lymphoma event together (in this case, it's a triathalon taking place in San Diego on July 1) and work together to raise the money for a very ambitious donation goal. The kick-off meeting is Saturday the 27th, and after that, we meet 2-3 times a week to train.

So, if any of you readers care to make a donation to this worthy cause, please drop me a note. Every little bit counts, and your support will mean the world to me (especially as I suffer the aches and pains from biking, running and swimming). And, if you are so inclined, I encourage to find a Team in Training organization near you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home