9.05.2006

YadaYadaYadaYada


OOOOOOOOOFFFFTTTAAA - what a day.

What a day, what a day, what a day.

I have literally been on the phone non-stop. All day long. Conference call to conference call. Phone call to phone call. And in between, taking short gasps of air and small bites of food to sustain my manic pace.

And what do I have to show for it?

A pooped out cordless phone and cell phone, nesting comfortably in their charging-stations.

I do so wish I had one of those. Something that I could simply "plug" myself into for a little extra energy boost. Some would tell me to simply drink a Red Bull, have a cup of coffee or simply down a nice swig o' tequila. I honestly wish these panaceas would work, but they always end up making me feel more tired, or completely spastic and unable to focus on a simple coherent thought. Clearly, neither option is conducive to getting any good work done.

So for now, I have had a long night of work to make up for the all day chatting. Granted all my chatting was work-related and each call was in furtherance of some good long-term projects. However, short-term projects always suffer as a result of such talking. Which is why I find myself still hard at work, struggling to put together a very bland, poorly composed blog entry. Believe me, I'd like to do better - honest - but I still have more work to do, bags to pack, dogs to take out before I collapse into an over talked heap on my bed.

Clearly, I am being over-dramatic. I've worked late before and am no stranger to long hours. But isn't there a cosmic injustice in having to work late the weekend after my 31st birthday? Maybe the fact that my weekend was spent laughing, eating good food, imbibing, slothing and generally having a delicious birthday weekend only makes this day more horrid . . .

Humor me dear reader. It was my birthday after all ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home