6.15.2006

Back from the Big Apple


Man..I am so very, very, very tired. I got back a couple of hours ago from a work trip to NYC. It's always fun to go back there, since I did live there for 4 years. I don't think I could ever live there again. As I often say, Boston is the perfect methadone clinic for a NYC addiction. But it's great to have a chance to go back, and luckily, work always provides me with lots of opportunities to do so - see the old sights, see my old friends, and generally feed off of the intoxicating energy there.

Of course, I am a little worse for the wear after staying out too late with my NYC friends on a school night. A cocktail party, leisurely dinner, and some late night conversation with some of my nearest and dearest made my ability to fire on all cylinders particularly challenging today. But, I endured, especially since the difficulty was self-imposed. I caught the shuttle home after a full day conference, picked up Murphy (who I missed tremendously despite my short absence), and just finished watching "The Squid and the Whale". Another must see. The story of a tragically sad family.

With that, I'm off to bed at a pathetically early hour. No deep thoughts today. Maybe tomorrow. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home