6.12.2006

A Recipe for some Kick A$$ Music


Wow - my last couple of posts have certainly been long-winded! In light of (1) the prior lengthy entries, (2) the current time (LATE), and (3) the serious ass-kicking I know I will receive tomorrow (long story - if you want to know more, drop me a note and I'll share), I will keep this post short and sweet.

I want to talk about one of my favorite topics - music. I am pretty much a music junkie, as judged by the size of my hard drive (meow) and the breadth of my musical taste. I find silence distracting - I am being quite serious - and always get more work done with tunes. The sweetest pleasure though, is listening to the perfect album while driving. The combination of some bitchin' music, and the thrill of driving literally gives me chills. I always pick one album and listen to it until I know it inside-out, backwards and upside-down. During the past couple of months I have listened to the following:

Beck - Guero
Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love
Coldplay - X&Y
Triplets of Belleville Soundtrack
Keane - Hope & Fears
Doves - Some Cities
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Lhasa de Sela - The Living Road
Hank Mobley - Blue Note Fifties Sessions
Napoleon Dynamite Soundtrack
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

All in their own right great albums (and highly recommended).

My current album pick is amazing and I love nothing more than to blast this band with my windows and moonroof open (when it isn't raining!) Who is it? Well, which band do you get when you mix the following ingredients?

1 cup of Jeff Buckley
1 cup of Rufus Wainright
1 cup of Radiohead
1/2 cup of Coldplay
a dash of Rachmaninov

Muse.

Please listen to one of their albums - you will not be disappointed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kala said...

Music is the greatest - I bike with my iPod blasting in my ears and I know that is not the wisest thing to do but then again, I do not claim to be one of the three wise men - I love coldplay, but I do not know what you get when you mix that musical ingredient =(

2:44 AM

 
Blogger irshal said...

I am guilty of the same thing. Now that the nicer weather is upon us, I try to be on my bike as much as possible, and I am never on it without my ipod...You must be able to do some great rides in Hawai'i?

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Kala said...

I love riding my bike along the coast with the view of surfers and beach - take a look at some pics I took last year around this time:
Bike trek home

1:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home