6.07.2006

Sleep is Good


Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa. I promised an entry yesterday and I disappointed. But, faithful readers, I had to protect you from myself. I have essentially been incredibly sleep deprived since last Thursday, when I took off for my mini-holiday and the culmination of this sleep deprivation resulted in some pretty wacky dementia-like symptoms. I sat down a couple of times with the intent to write an entry, but everything I wrote would have been as much fun to read as your shampoo ingredient list. It was as if I couldn't piece together one coherent sentence and the rules of grammar no longer existed. Granted, my usual entries are no great works of genius - I have no delusions there. But, I do like to think that reading some of my entries is akin to reading the back of a cereal box - nothing earth-shattering, but mildly amusing when one is bored and has nothing better to do while they crunch away on Grape Nuts, or Cap'N Crunch or .... you get the idea.

I passed out last night at 9pm and woke up bright and early this morning feeling like a million bucks. Have you ever have that experience of sleeping so soundly that you don't' move the entire night? And, you wake up feeling like you just had the most wonderful experience, or just ate the best meal of your life? That's how I feel right now. Rain be damned, I feel good :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kala said...

I'm envious - I've only been averaging four hours a night in the past week. I'm longing for some catch up rest this three day weekend - King Kamehameha Holiday!

11:54 PM

 
Blogger irshal said...

OOFTA...I would cease to function as a human being on 4 hours a night (as evidenced by this past weekend). Enjoy your well-deserved rest and King Kamehameha Holiday (I will google that...I don't know anything about it!)

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home